DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
AllStar
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are NY Yankee Games on YES and NY Ranger games on MSG being broadcast
in HD in the NYC metropolitan area. If so, on what channels?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,058 Posts
YES games are shown in HD on channel 96 (MPEG4) and sometimes they are also shown on channel 95 (MPEG2). MSG HD broadcasts are not available, although there were rumors that MSG and FSNY HD games would appear starting in November.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gpg said:
YES games are shown in HD on channel 96 (MPEG4) and sometimes they are also shown on channel 95 (MPEG2). MSG HD broadcasts are not available, although there were rumors that MSG and FSNY HD games would appear starting in November.
Thanks for the info. Are you saying that all 2007 Yankee games, home and away
will be on 96 or 95? That is terrific.

Do you know if 96 and 95 are spot beams or CONUS?
 

·
Up The Irons!
Joined
·
5,775 Posts
95=CONUS
96 MPEG4=Spot Beam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,058 Posts
All home games are HD, but only some (don't know how many) road games are in HD on YES.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,158 Posts
jostarr said:
Are NY Yankee Games on YES and NY Ranger games on MSG being broadcast
in HD in the NYC metropolitan area. If so, on what channels?
If you have an HR20; then Yankees games can be seen on 95 MPEG2 and 96 MPEG4. Most home games have been shown on 95/96; but not all. If no HR20, then only selected games will be seen on 95. MSG hasn't been seen in HD on D* as of yet. SNY (Mets) have been seen on channel 96.

I suspect this is will change once the new Sats are online this summer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,158 Posts
SNAP said:
I believe MSG is avail. in HD on cable only.
That is correct. Cablevison and others have made it available.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Vinni...love your avatar...go Yankee's!

I'm in the meto NYC area now, but am moving south soon. I thinking of orderering HD before I move, but keep my NYC billing address. I know I can get 622 at the new location now. So, as long as D** shows YES HD on CONUS, I should be able to see most Yankee games in HD from the new location.

Thanks to everyone for the info. Now if only DTV would do MSG in HD, I'd be very happy.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
69 Posts
jostarr said:
Thanks for the info. Are you saying that all 2007 Yankee games, home and away
will be on 96 or 95? That is terrific.

All home and several away games were in HD this past season. Maybe there will be more HD road games in 2007. There were no road HD games in 2005, so at least there is progress.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess while this thread is open, I should ask about the NYC networks,

What are the HD channels for CBS, NBC, FOX, and ABC and are they all on CONUS?
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spot beam is mostly used for local channels and covers a small are of ther country.

CONUS is Continental US.....nationwide coverage.

That is my understanding.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top