DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
AllStar
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this has been posted. But I did see it on the HR20 Wish List and could not find it on these forums. This option is very lost in the UI so here it goes.

After you search for your title and see the first set of display results...

• Click on any one of them and see the second set of search results (someone please tell me why we need two sets of results if the second set is not specific to that channel).
  • Select the program and it displays Record in the top left menu. If you Select Record and then STOP.
  • Before pressing select again notice the main screen has tabs at the top. This Episode and Series Link. Left arrow. Arrow up and change the tab to Series Link. Then select your options and the Record button has changed to Record Series, Select that.

Hope this helps

·
AllStar
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
looknow12 said:
Forgive me if this has been posted. But I did see it on the HR20 Wish List and could not find it on these forums. This option is very lost in the UI so here it goes.

After you search for your title and see the first set of display results...

• Click on any one of them and see the second set of search results (someone please tell me why we need to sets of results if the second set is not specific to that channel).
  • Select the program and it displays Record in the top left menu. If you Select Record and then STOP.
  • Before pressing select again notice the main screen has tabs at the top. This Episode and Series Link. Left arrow. Arrow up and change the tab to Series Link. Then select your options and the Record button has changed to Record Series, Select that.

Hope this helps
Has anyone else been able to make this work? I'd love this to be shared by all. I consider it to be a major feature but uncertain what others rank it.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
Is this quicker than the Tips & Tricks? I an Not near an HR20.

EDIT:

I have now had a chance to check this on the HR20.

The Tips and Tricks show how to Search for a show and how to Record a Series Link. The problem is that the major networks use multiple channels to broadcast their programs. A Series Link can only find the show if it always stays on the one channel.

You can Autorecord by keyword or person across all channels but you cannot Autorecord by title as the manual claims.

- Craig

·
Godfather
284 Posts
looknow12 said:
Hmm, this is how I added all my series links and it's worked great.

Menu -> Search -> Title -> Enter some characters -> select title -> arrow to the right and pick the instance of the show -> Record -> Up arrow -> Series Link -> Record Series.

Or are you just clarifying the tip/trick for this?

·
AllStar
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jkc120 said:
Hmm, this is how I added all my series links and it's worked great.

Menu -> Search -> Title -> Enter some characters -> select title -> arrow to the right and pick the instance of the show -> Record -> Up arrow -> Series Link -> Record Series.

Or are you just clarifying the tip/trick for this?
Earl said you can't do it. And I thought I saw it on the HR20 wish list.

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=70989

·
Icon
731 Posts
I just search by title, find the first instance of title I want, then hit R twice. Then I immediately do the DELETE as to not use the prescious few search history spots... :(

The triple circle R doesn't show up at that point... but it does make a series link.

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts

·
AllStar
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Slyster said:
He means autorecord vs. series link or just record. There's a difference.. autorecord is ongoing deal that searches for you...
Ohh, of course. Via Title doesn't make sense to autorecord anyway because if it was an ongoing search (like keyword), what if it's not in the next two weeks. Via Title only returns results active in the guide. I understand the discrepancy now.

I'd never expect a feature like that, though I make expect an option whereas if your title search results returned zero (wanted) records you could convert it into a keyword search thereby having a autorecord option.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.