DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
tkrandall said:
I'm looking to take the jump to a DLP or SXRD HD set, which would be my first HD set. All of this talk about major problems with the new MPEG4 boxes has me very concerned about going with the D* HD option at this time. In particular the 2 year requirement when E* allows you to not commit.

I'd like some feedback on just how good/bad the HR20 is. My current set up (which would remain) is 2 SD DirecTIVO HDR40 boxes, which have worked like a charm for 2.5 and almost 3.5 years now.

Would you were an SD customer, would you jump to D* HD offering at this time?
If you can live with an occasional reboot and some random quirkiness, (and without DLB) you will be happy with the box.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,308 Posts
tkrandall said:
Thanks. I'm pretty tolerant if quirks - but I do want my set to actually work. I pretty flexible and am geeky enought to frequent boards like this - but I'm not going to go so far as to hack my box.
You don't have to hack it. - But keeping a backup TIVO isn't a bad idea. As mentioned elsewhere in this forum, the stability of this box is improving with each update. So long as that trend continues, you should be fine.

I have rebooted mine every 1-3 weeks since september. A reboot has always fixed my problem, and I have lost 3 recordings since September. Others on this board have had trouble with missed recordings, I did with one show, but reprogramming it solved the problem.

It's fun to watch the box evolve. It will be even more fun if we ever get Dual Live Buffers. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.