DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
jbrasure said:
I "upgraded" my Tivo to the HR20 a couple of months ago. In retrospect I regret making that change. The HR20 is just too buggy. If I were you, I would wait another 6 months before making the switch.
If the use of the HR20 for you is "mission critical" and you cannot tolerate some bugs, a few missed recordings, an occasional reboot and some such, then WAIT.

(The same criteria should apply to your family, of course)

I've had mine about 3.5 months...it's worked very, very well. There are some issues but they are very minor for me. I have only missed 2 recordings in 14 weeks, have never had to do a reset, my HR20 has never locked up.

I like my HR20 a LOT! I can't imagine not having it during all this time and waiting for six months while everything "got better".

So...it's all up to you...how much of a perfectionist are you? What level of problems are you willing to live with before getting bent out of shape? How important is it that it work perfectly?

Is the HR20 merely an "appliance" for you, or do you have a techo-geekie approach to it? If the former, I'd wait. If the latter...dive in...it's been a fine adventure so far.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.