DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Legend
109 Posts
911medic said:
...There are enough people here with more major issues than me to say that...for now. Although I think things have improved for a lot of people as the software has been updated.....
I have only been reading these forums for a week or so. I'd like to thank everyone for sharing their experiences and knowledge. This is a great resource.

It is indeed unsettling to read of so many problems with D* (that's the way it's written I think), or specific hardware, but it might be important to assume that there are an enormous amount of subscribers with specific hardware who have not had any problem and don't comment. Isn't it true too that people are often drawn to a forum when they have a problem? . . meant to be rhetorical.

I've only been a subscriber for about 10 months and I'm quite happy with the service. I believe I have a killer picture with D*and my Samsung, but I did have problems with my HR10-250 freezing, and got a replacement that was not trouble free. I was happy to switch about a month ago to a 5LNB and an HR20.

I believe the HR20 simply handles better in every way. It appears to be a well supported product with the software upgrades and I suspect it will offer good service in time to come. The minor glitches I am aware of do not present a problem to me. Operation thus far has been flawless. (I got the new software early this AM automatically)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.