DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comcast Xfinity cable modem went out the a few days ago and was replaced with a new Motorola SB5101 cable modem. It is then hooked up to a wireless -N linkys router.
The wireless devices Ipad, kindle fire, cell phone, netbooks, laptop) all connect fine via the wireless connectivity.

The remaining 4 hardwired connections that go into the back of the router are then connected to the desktop computer next to the router and the remaining 3 slots are plugged into 3 ethernet plugs in a wall plate that go to various places in the house.

That being said, 3 of the Directv HD DVR's are hardwired to the internet while the 4th is connected to the internet via DECA. I can successfully "connect to the internet on all 4 receivers and can receive VOD, MRV and can connect to Pandora. But for some reason, everytime I try to view a YouTube video it says that I "cannot connect to the internet." I can do a search and come up with the results, descriptions and preview of the videoa, but the videaos will not play on any of the 4 receivers when I hit "play".

Any ideas, suggestions, etc? I have rebooted the 4 receivers, the modem and the router several times.

Everything is working fine on the computers, xbox, PS3, Roku box, etc as well.

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick responses. Wasn't sure what the deal was. I hadn't seen any posts about it in the forums.......when did this start? With the new software update that I/we got a few days ago?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.