DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Icon
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
In a typical programmers scheme, YouTube tv announced today a raft of new features ('add ons') are going to be rolled out quickly, some (all?) At additional cost to subscribers (unknown at this point if increases in subscription rates are on the horizon).

Meanwhile, base problems with their apps have not yet been fixed. This is a typical programmers bait and switch maneuver, cause problems due to trying to add features then dangle those new features in front of management while never fixing the problems caused in the first place. When and if those problems are ever resolved, I'll comment in it, but I'll bet more problems will appear as more changes are instituted

· Icon
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
And here I was going to stop harping on the stupid failures of google, but as I predicted, instead of fixing the problems they created some two weeks ago, they are busy doing more wackiness. This on top of my local isp (xfinity, aka comcast) deciding out of the blue to pull support for phone apps they've had running for well over two decades, which means folks now have to jump through various hoops to complete tasks that took <5secs on the app. Blech!

Okay, I'm sitting watching a program on yttv and out of the blue the program 'footer' (pgm title with cc/networks/episodes/more to watch and the time bar across the screen) pops up and stays there until I exit it by pressing the back button on the remote. A few minutes later, it's back without any use of the remote. Uh? No other remote has been used, the only other wifi enabled remote other than the roku 'peanut' is my samsung tv and reelgood app on my phone, neither of which has been touched.

Since this new wackiness is taking ~5 min or so to 'appear', it's going to take a while to try and track down.

· Icon
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I was beginning to think the 'footer' popup errors was a figment of my imagination, but was watching some dvr'd pgms this morning when it popped up out of the blue. So very intermittent, days may go without it appearing, many/most folks may think that they inadvertantly hit some key on the remote or something. Maybe as the programmers add more 'features' it will become more common.

· Registered
2 Posts
Some 7 days ago, YouTube TV began to exhibit major problems, particularly with their channel selector and dvr system; changing channels began to take between 10-30 seconds, while ad skipping started taking at least as much time to restart any playback.

Interestingly, YouTube at the same time began stalling during the pre-ads, then doing the same at the beginning of the clip playing. Mid-clip ads stalled as well, all stalling taking anywhere between the 10-30 seconds.

All of these effects were confirmed on multiple roku's (including the latest ultras), all running the latest f/w 9.4.0 build 4200-17. No other apps, including netflix, hulu, prime, and others exhibited any problems. As Google runs both services, they were contacted immediately and over 3 hours was spent trying to troubleshoot the problem and gathering comprehensive information as to the problems. However, as of this date, no fix has been forthcoming.

Then today, folks who had subscribed to hbomax through youtube tv found that the service had cut them off. Neat. The roku app tries to force folks to re-subscribe, as if they hadn't done so through youtube tv; so far, no jumping through hoops seems to work, although looking at ones youtube tv account info shows that hbomax is part of ones subscription. Google confirms that this is a known system error, so we'll see if it gets acted upon quickly.

Meanwhile, the stalling on both YouTube tv and YouTube continues. These are really major programming errors, caused most probably by attempts to streamline part of the system code, and a deep review of the system was not properly done afterwards youtube tv mod apk. As far as today's hbomax mashup, who knows. In any event, google needs to clean house quickly before things get worse.
Why is there no outrage about the problem with Youtube TV integration on the Stream 4k? Clearly TIVO believes it exists because they have instructions on how to add it. But Tech Support acknowledges that there are many Stream sticks that cannot do it and engineering has been working on a fix. TIVO had public announcements starting in April and advertising clearly crows about the integration, but it is not there for me. Apparently not for others as well. How hard can this be if some devices work and others do not? As a a TIVO user for many decades, I sure would like to see this fixed!!! I bought the Stream 4K to get my beloved TIVO interface for YTTV. Right now having the stick is no better than ROKU or Android TV for me.

· Mentor
589 Posts
Why is there no outrage about the problem with Youtube TV integration on the Stream 4k? Clearly TIVO believes it exists because they have instructions on how to add it. But Tech Support acknowledges that there are many Stream sticks that cannot do it and engineering has been working on a fix. TIVO had public announcements starting in April and advertising clearly crows about the integration, but it is not there for me. Apparently not for others as well. How hard can this be if some devices work and others do not? As a a TIVO user for many decades, I sure would like to see this fixed!!! I bought the Stream 4K to get my beloved TIVO interface for YTTV. Right now having the stick is no better than ROKU or Android TV for me.
Not every issue and problem demands outrage. I'll be truthful to admit that I didn't even know that the Tivo Stream was a device available for purchase in the market. I'll be interested to take time to learn more about it.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts

· Mentor
589 Posts
Are you new to the Internet? :D
Just hopped on the other day. Pretty wild place. Lots of cat photos, people trying to justify cryptocurrency and women with blurry profile photos who keep telling me they have sexy photos that they want to share with me, but I have to give them my SSN and access to all my major credit cards. But I can order things and have them delivered in my house in less than 48 hours, so it seems like a reasonable tradeoff. 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: makaiguy
21 - 29 of 29 Posts