DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
4,997 Posts
Thanks. Hopefully they dont just block the HDR trigger, because I can do that with the TV itself, but the video is way washed out and gross looking. They would need to actually bypass whatever is in the box that is converting the video to HDR. Will see what happens when they send it.
From reviews on Reddit it works perfect It basically using the feature that's built into Android 10

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
From reviews on Reddit it works perfect It basically using the feature that's built into Android 10
Good deal. I figured out what it was that made the HDR output of SDR material look so crummy. I booted the Gamma from the default of 2.4 to about 1.8, and that evened out the colors and dark picture without raising the black level above black at all. Then I played with the contrast enhancers a little and got it tweaked where it looks almost as good as my calibrated non-HDR computer monitor using Chrome to stream the same show.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,997 Posts
Good deal. I figured out what it was that made the HDR output of SDR material look so crummy. I booted the Gamma from the default of 2.4 to about 1.8, and that evened out the colors and dark picture without raising the black level above black at all. Then I played with the contrast enhancers a little and got it tweaked where it looks almost as good as my calibrated non-HDR computer monitor using Chrome to stream the same show.
Yeh it's really not that difficult to adjust

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
When it comes to NBCU programming, there are two priorities in our household; live sports and Bravo shows (the fiancé treats "Housewives" and other similar shows with the same fever that I enjoy football.) So we'll give Peacock a month and see how it works out for us, if the agreement lapses.
I checked and MSNBC isnt available on peacock, and the NBCSN Nascar races are not available on Peacock.
Yeah, Peacock is not a replacement for the NBCU cable channels. It does have almost all NBC network primetime programming available next-day, and has some at least some of NBC's live sports, including NFL Sunday Night Football. But it doesn't give you access to their cable channels like USA, Bravo, SyFy, E!, Oxygen, MSNBC, NBCSN or CNBC.

The exception is that they'll make new episodes of a select few cable series available on Peacock soon after airing (next day?). Looks like they're doing that with two current Bravo shows: Below Deck Mediterranean and Top Chef Family Style. Not sure but I think they may have done that with SyFy's recent Resident Alien show too. But otherwise, if you want to watch current seasons of their cable channel shows, you need a live cable TV service.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
Well, I am trying the DirecTV Stream, and put the app on my roommates Roku in case we lost NBC tonight, and he and she BOTH came in a little while ago and said they LOVE the live guide, and DVR on DirecTv and said to keep it and they would pay for the $84 package...so... Guess Im switching tomorrow. Keeping it tonight for the last NFLNetwork Thursday night football game.

·
Mentor
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
UPDATE: YouTube TV and NBC Universal have agreed to a short-term extension while negotiation talks continue, according to Variety and several other sources. The article did not state how long the extension would last.
But otherwise, if you want to watch current seasons of their cable channel shows, you need a live cable TV service.
We realized this last night as we were browsing through what is offered on Peacock, and how soon its made available. If/when the dispute gets to the point that channels are removed from YTTV, we've got a friend who's been kind enough to lend us provider credentials for the NBC app, while we wait it out for a month, and then make any switches after that time. The NBC/NBC Sports apps do carry live channel feeds and next-day availability of current shows, so that would suffice us for a short interim.

Reactions: NashGuy

·
AllStar
97 Posts
Looks like they just settled. I got this email today

Hi Jon,

We’re thrilled to share that we’ve reached a deal with NBCUniversal to continue carrying the full NBCUniversal portfolio of channels, including their Regional Sports Networks and your local NBC station. That means you won’t lose access to any of their channels, and YouTube TV will continue to offer 85+ networks for $64.99* per month.

We appreciate NBCUniversal’s willingness to work toward an agreement, and we also appreciate your patience while we negotiated with them on your behalf. Thanks again for being a YouTube TV member.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Icon
1,279 Posts
Looks like they just settled. I got this email today

Hi Jon,

We're thrilled to share that we've reached a deal with NBCUniversal to continue carrying the full NBCUniversal portfolio of channels, including their Regional Sports Networks and your local NBC station. That means you won't lose access to any of their channels, and YouTube TV will continue to offer 85+ networks for $64.99* per month.

We appreciate NBCUniversal's willingness to work toward an agreement, and we also appreciate your patience while we negotiated with them on your behalf. Thanks again for being a YouTube TV member.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here. Good

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.