DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Godfather
798 Posts
I guess I stick with YTTV for now and my ESPN+ programing or just back to the evil that is AT&T and pay too much.
This is where I am at, for now.

My best alternative is my teleco tv/internet bundle. Similar price for similar content. I have internet through them now. The inconvenience had been that their box sucked. I prefer using my streaming device(Apple TV, not that that matter much anymore), which is now an option with the teleco. They have an app.

I figure at some point, I’ll end up with the teleco. The price increase after YouTube TV gets Disney back may be the final straw. All the other obstacles are gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
53,492 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
4,997 Posts
Well YTTV and Disney could not agree, So is bye bye Disney Channels.
I wonder will this go on like the Bally's dispute and be permanent. YTTV better change their marketing about sports.
I am sure they will be back But yeh the price is going to 70-75 next year

Reactions: gio12

·
Icon
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I like YTTV but maybe not at $75 with Bally Sports. Make it an add on. Still no 5.1 sound using ATV either. PQ is coming down as well. No longer what it was last 2 years.
At $75 and no RSN, no 5.1 and lower PQ, DTVS Choice looks better.
Back on it now and the PQ is amazing. Wether its on my 65” OLED or my 51” LG LED. Just so much better.
I will miss 4K sports but its just upscaled 1080p but nice.
Hate losing RedZone as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Hall Of Fame
4,997 Posts
I like YTTV but maybe not at $75 with Bally Sports. Make it an add on. Still no 5.1 sound using ATV either. PQ is coming down as well. No longer what it was last 2 years.
At $75 and no RSN, no 5.1 and lower PQ, DTVS Choice looks better.
Back on it now and the PQ is amazing. Wether its on my 65” OLED or my 51” LG LED. Just so much better.
I will miss 4K sports but its just upscaled 1080p but nice.
Hate losing RedZone as well.

Eh football will
Be over soon for 9 months

Reactions: gio12

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
I'm surprised it actually went this far. The similar dispute with NBC/Universal earlier this year got renewed at the eleventh hour. I guess Disney wanted to see if they would blink and they didn't. This is the slow point in the season so I can live without the ESPNs for the moment, aside from the Christmas Day games and MNF I'll get by with all the other stuff I'm watching these days... and if I get a cheaper bill next month as a result, even better! But, I bet it gets solved before Christmas. We'll end up paying more, but they will be back.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
I saw something on TV other night that Disney might be coming out with their own streaming stick. One they showed one shaped like the trademark mouse ears with a HDMI plug on it.
Because everyone needs to pay for having Disney imagery stamped on/shaped as a device that they can't normally see.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
Most of these similar disputes didn't last long - I suspect this one won't either
What "similar disputes" are you speaking of? YTTV doesn't have an established history of disputes.

·
Mentor
65 Posts
Deal reached. That was quick.

We’re happy to share that we’ve reached a deal with Disney to return their content to YouTube TV while preserving a $64.99/mo. price for our members. We’ve already started to restore access to Disney networks like ESPN and FX, including their live and on-demand content, as well as any recordings that were previously in your Library. We will also be turning on your local ABC stations over the course of the day. Don’t worry, your personal preferences and recommendations will be just as you left them.

As we promised a $15 discount while the Disney content remained off platform, we will still honor a one-time credit for all impacted Base Plan members.

For active members who have not yet received that $15 discount on their monthly bill, you will automatically receive this one-time credit on your next bill with no action needed. Note that your bill in Settings will not reflect this credit until you have been charged. Members who are in a paused state will receive this credit one month after their first charge. Verizon-billed users will automatically receive this as a one-time discount of $15 on their next bill. After that, the monthly price will revert back to $64.99 for new and existing members.

For any of you who were impacted and have initiated the cancellation process, we will still honor the one-time $15 credit on your bill if you resume your membership before you lose access. Visit tv.youtube.com/membership and click ‘Add’ to return the Base Plan to your membership. Note, you will still see a $64.99 price upon re-activating your membership, but a one-time discount will be reflected in your next bill.

We apologize for the disruption and appreciate your patience as we continued to negotiate on your behalf. We also appreciate Disney's partnership and willingness to work towards an agreement.

As always, thank you for being a YouTube TV member.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

·
Icon
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Well Disney and YouTube TV game to an agreement. All stations back on and no price increase (For now I assume.)

I think I am going to stay with DTVS for now.
Like better PQ and 5.1 sound.

If YTTV goes back to better PQ, adds 5.1 sound on ATV and gets RSNs back even for a small fee, I will go back.
DVR is better IMO, more storage and love choice to start a show at the beginning or Live.
Plus I HATE AT&T!!!!

·
AllStar
97 Posts
Pretty decent of YTTV to give us the $15 credit even though the outage only lasted for a couple of days. The one thing I discovered during the outage is that when they take away a channel it is GONE. No access to cloud DVR recordings, nothing. Since my team is playing on MNF I had already scheduled a recording on the Fire re-cast as a backup but that isn’t an option for many. Other than that and Greys Anatomy for the wife we couldn’t have missed much that I can think of. (And Greys is on Hulu which we got a 99 cent Black Friday deal on)

·
Mentor
482 Posts
I guess I'll be a bit naïve here; where is any sourcing that the price of YTTV will increase because a deal with Disney was reached? Or any notion that the price will increase to $70-$75 in 2022 because of all of this? Why wouldn't those increases be instituted right now when the Disney channels were re-activated?

YTTV fought off NBC Universal forcing Peacock subscriptions into the service. Maybe it's fair to give them a small benefit of the doubt that they were able to fight off whatever the Mouse was wanting and compromise something on behalf of its customers?

And if the price increases, I'm not a fan of it, but it happens. Prices go up on everything all the time without any knowledge of why. We know where the money is going in this case. Content. The current $65 rate is double what the service originally launched at, but we also now have double the content in terms of channel count, and some other features along the way. The product is better from its launch.

·
Super Moderator
53,492 Posts
I believe it is more of an expectation that the price would increase. YTTV stated that they were able to cut a deal that would not require a price increase at this time. Expecting the price to never increase would be overly optimistic.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
One of the shorter channel outages during a dispute that I can remember... and I too got the $15 credit already on my bill which came about a day after all this transpired... only negative for me was having to go back to the computer to re-add my local ABC channel to the custom guide after it was restored to service... but in the process I also found that GetTV and Game Show Network were there and also not in my custom guide. How long have those channels been on YouTube TV and I didn't know it?

·
Mentor
482 Posts
...but in the process I also found that GetTV and Game Show Network were there and also not in my custom guide. How long have those channels been on YouTube TV and I didn't know it?
These two just got added in early December. I don't have either one activated in my live guide, we just don't watch either channel. But good news for those that enjoy those two channels!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts