DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
DirecTV historically has only carried the 8 port multiswitches for residential installs.

The preivous 12 and 16 switches cost several hundreds of dollars (last check the spaun's where over 500)

I would not expect them to carry the current larger switches, considering they are investigating the new FTM technology... which we should see in early 2007 (which will cut down or even eliminiate the need for multiswitches)

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
DirecTV historically has only carried the 8 port multiswitches for residential installs.

The preivous 12 and 16 switches cost several hundreds of dollars (last check the spaun's where over 500)

I would not expect them to carry the current larger switches, considering they are investigating the new FTM technology... which we should see in early 2007 (which will cut down or even eliminiate the need for multiswitches)
I searched for information on FTM and found this: http://www.freshpatents.com/System-...t20061005ptan20060225100.php?type=description.

This is a quite interesting approach to the problem, but I suspect it won't be inexpensive. Unfortunately that link to some of the patent information doesn't include the diagrams, but you can get the general idea.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.