DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could someone help me out. I am an old Dish user since 1997, I have two very old receivers (3000 & 3700) hooked to a legecy dual LNB Dish 300. I aquired a used 311 receiver and a Dish 500 dish with a Dish Pro Twin LNB. Would I be better off price wise to just add the receiver to my account or would it be better to cancel the old account and activate the Dish Pro receiver by itself. Im going to use a DP dual LNB, Dish 300 and a DP34 switch to try to get 61.5 satelite. In thinking that Dish could see that the two old receivers weren't there anymore what would happen?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,484 Posts
zookeeper said:
Im going to use a DP dual LNB, Dish 300 and a DP34 switch to try to get 61.5 satelite. In thinking that Dish could see that the two old receivers weren't there anymore what would happen?
If the receivers are "active", Dish has to assume that they are there. If they aren't active, they aren't going to see anything.

You'll need a lot of additional hardware to make this setup work. Legacy adapters are the first order of business if you're going to use a DP34. You'll also need a DishPro LNBF for the Dish300.

What are you after that you need 61.5?

·
AllStar
82 Posts
it is not the dish 61.5 but the L&B that faces the dish I had my old Voom dish and they just changed the L&B tomatch Dish requirement.

I then changed to a 1000 and have 110 119 129 as HD let 61.5 and now on 129

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
zookeeper, do you want 2 receivers or 3?

For 2, replace the DP Twin with a legacy Twin and get 2 SW21 switches.
Or, replace the DP Twin with a DP Plus Twin, no external switch or adapter needed.

For 3, with the DP34 your existing receivers will both need a DP adapter. Add 2 of those to a DP34 and you're in DPP44 price territory.

Do both/all need 61.5?
Sounds like maybe just the 311. Get a DP Dual and another dish for 61.5, add a DP21 switch.

More possibilities: EKB Switch Selector

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
zookeeper said:
I have a Dish 300 for the old receivers and a Dish 500 for the Dish Pro 311. Please read again to understand my question.
How about if you rephrase what you want to do we seem to have several interpretations of what your question really is.How many receivers do you want to keep active? How many Dish accounts do you want? What satellites and programming are you trying to receive?:)

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My main question is about Dishnetworks account policy. I pay 34.99(29.99 +5.00 extra receiver) per month for the two old receivers. Will Dish let me activate the 311 for $5.00 a month more and is there an activation fee to activate the 311 receiver? Would I be better off inactivating the old receivers and activating the 311 only? (29.99 per month) A previous post here let me know that Dish can't tell if you have an activated receiver connected or not, is this true? I am looking for the best but cheapst route to go.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
If you want only 1 receiver active the 311, call DISH and activate the 311 on your account then on the same phone call deactivate the 3000 and the 3700. After some adjusting for partial month usage you will be back to one receiver on the account and a $30/Mo. fee. Until DISH is told to deactivate the receivers they will remain active on your account and cost you $5/Mo. for duplicating programming. There is no fee for activating a receiver on an existing account.

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
zookeeper said:
Will Dish let me activate the 311 for $5.00 a month more and is there an activation fee to activate the 311 receiver? Would I be better off inactivating the old receivers and activating the 311 only?
Yes, no. How often do you have both receivers in use at the same time?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.